Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Prompt #4

In chapter 25, titled Kant, the book touches the topic of Kant and his philosophies. Alberto teaches his lesson to Shopie in this chapter by doing experiments with her that he calls the "red-tinted glasses". That was Kant's theory, he believed that if one had red-tinted glasses on then they would see the world in colors of reds and similar colors. Which is a metaphor for saying "Everything you see is part of the world around you, but how you see it is determinded by the glasses you wearing", says Alberto. In simpilar ways it also means that the way you see the world depends on your additude of the world. These questions are meant to put our minds in perspective. For example, if someone is having a bad day then they can just take everything bad that has happened and look at it from a new perspective. If your additude (the glasses) take these bad things as just a 'lesson well learned' then the situation could be seen as a learning experience for you. Also with lessons well learned, people tend to look at other situations and experiences through "red-tinted glasses", meaning they have a good outlook on what is going on in the world rather than having a negative additude towards the world around you. Kant's theory was one of my favorites out of the whole book, because I find it very relatebale to my life. If I look at everything negatively, then I will most likely feel negative. I have always taught myself to think postive, and always hope for the best. I usualy try to make myself find one postive thing even when the worst things are happening, then hopefully, I will see more things in a postive light.

No comments:

Post a Comment